Thursday, May 14, 2015

Watch the Prague 2015 Flute Competition

Dear Flute-lovers,

Here is the Prague flute competition on video.
Check it out. You may spot the next J. Galway, but at age 18 (!)
Prague Spring Competition 2015

Stunning; fascinating...
And I've *never* seen fingers like THAT before.

Watch on youtube:
Part 1 with Joséphine Olech and Yubeen Kim (video)





Part 2 with Hélène Boulègue and Sunghyun Cho (video)


Winners announced at: Fluteview

Enjoy! And hey, honestly, don't do that with your fingers unless that's the only choice you have. :>)
Comments totally welcome.

Jen

Comments (5)
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Yubeen Kim. I remember watching him in the Geneva Competition.

Friday, May 15, 2015 10:52:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen. I really enjoyed reading all your comments and blogs as my daughter is playing the flute. I, on the other instrument (pun intended) am wishing to return to my clarinet playing after 30 years, -(and I was quite good). Do you know of, or can recommend a good clarinet website similar to what you have been doing with flutes? I'm ready to invest in a good instrument, but am sadly out of touch with current (instrumental) progress.

Thank you sincerely,

T. Henry

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:16:00 AM

 
Blogger jen said...

Dear T.Henry, Wish I could help with a clarinet link. Doh. Sorry. :>)So glad you like the website. Jen

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. I wonder if there was a way to watch the videos of the 2015 flute competition ?

Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:28:00 AM

 
Blogger jen said...

Hi Xavier, Yes, they seem to have removed the films from their site of the 2015. I'm guessing the only way to find out how to view them is to write to them?
Sorry. Don't know.
Jen

Saturday, June 17, 2017 12:57:00 PM

 

Post a Comment